Friday, March 27, 2015

WE CAN SHARE WITH FRIENDS

by Kimber Bailey Scott
1 Samuel 18:1-4

SING:
I’m Big Enough to Share (tune: row, row, row your boat)
I will share with friends. I will share with friends.
I am big enough to share. I will share with friends.

RHYME:
Sharing
This is my book; I’ll open it wide, To show you the pictures that are inside.
This is my ball, so big and round. We can toss it in the air or roll it on the ground.
This is my umbrella; it can keep us both dry When raindrops fall from the cloudy sky. – Adapted
(Do motions the words suggest.)

PRAY: 
We’ve been singing and rhyming about sharing with our friends. Our Bible verses tells us “Be…kind”. Say this rhyme: When I pray, I fold my hands (fold hands) and close my eyes; (close eyes) I talk to God, and He hears me. – Jean Katt Thank You, God, that we are growing big enough to share. In Jesus’ name, amen.

LESSON:
Ask your puppet to come to the worship circle. As you bring him in front of you with one hand, use your other hand to give him the gift wrapped package containing the robe or cloth. I have something I want to share with you. Shall I open it for you? Open the box and place the robe/cloth o the puppet. We are going to learn a Bible story about someone who shared a coat with his friend. Let’s listen! Lay the puppet aside and place your Bible open to 1 Samuel 18 on your lap. Place grocery sack coats on the floor beside you. David and Jonathan were friends. One day Jonathan said, “David, you are my friend and I am your friend. We will always be good friends. I love you and I want to give you some gifts.” So Jonathan took off his robe and pit it on David. Choose a child to stand and place the grocery bag rob on him/her. Jonathan also wanted to give David his belt and his sword. Choose 2 more children to stand and wear the belt and sword bags. David put on the belt. He put on the sword. He said, “Thank you, Jonathan, for these gifts.” “I have one more gift I want to share with you. Please take my bow for shooting arrows.” Jonathan said. Choose a child to stand and wear the bow and arrow bag. David was happy. He told Jonathan, “Thank you for sharing with me.” Jonathan was happy too. He was glad to share with his friend David.

APPLY:
Who is wearing something Jonathan shared?...I see Kara wearing a robe. Liam is wearing a bow and arrow. Continue with other gifts. How did David feel when his friend Jonathan shared these gifts with him?...Yes, David felt happy! And how did Jonathan feel when he shared with his friend David?...He felt happy too!

MEMORY VERSE: 
The Bible says, “Be…kind“ Ephesians 4:32 Can you say those words with me? Say them louder. Say them softer. Give each one a Bible (or share) & ask each to say, “Be…kind“ Ephesians 4:32

BOOKS: 
Read a book to them about sharing. Find one of these in a library near you or on the internet. Examples: Colors & Shapes to Share, Fun with Lacey, Sharing time, Share & Take Turns, One for Me One for You, Emily’s Sharing & Caring Book, I am Sharing by Mercer Mayer, etc.

SNACK:
Explain to the kids that they will be going on a picnic. Gather supplies into the basket or bag and pretend to hike to a certain area of the room or outside if weather permits. Arrange the blanket or tablecloth on the floor. Hand out items, giving one child the plates, one the cups and so forth. When we have a picnic we can share with our friends. Marci has just plates. She can’t have a picnic that way. Marci is going to share her plates with everyone. Continue in this way until each child has shared something. Explain that you will share juice/water with them. Thank you, Jocelyn, for sharing paper plates with your friends. Jaden is big enough to share crackers with her friends. Before eating pray, Thank You, God, for helping these children grow big enough to share with their friends. In Jesus’ name, amen.

GAME:
Gather children in a circle. Begin by tapping the balloon to a child on the other side of the circle. Say, I am big enough to share with Julian. As each child passes the balloon, encourage him to say or say for him, I am big enough to share with _____! Then have the other children name those who are big enough to share.
OPTION: you may prefer to have them seated on the floor in a circle and roll a ball back and forth. You will need to say the words each time a child rolls the ball. Some children may roll the ball to you rather than to another child.

NEED:
Puppet
A small gift box with cloth or a doll’s robe inside
Prepare 4 grocery bag coats (decorate 1 like a coat, on another draw a sword, on the next draw a belt and on the last draw a bow and arrow.)
A book on Sharing
Tablecloth or blanket
Paper plates
Paper cups
Napkins
Picnic basket or grocery bag
Graham crackers
Juice or water

Balloons or ball

No comments:

Post a Comment