Friday, March 27, 2015

WE CAN SHARE AT CHURCH

by Kimber Bailey Scott
Exodus 35:4-29; 39:42-43


SING: 
 I’m Big Enough to Share (tune: row, row, row your boat)
I will share at church. I will share at church.
I am big enough to share. I will share at church.

RHYME: 
 Sharing
This is my book; I’ll open it wide, To show you the pictures that are inside.
This is my ball, so big and round. We can toss it in the air or roll it on the ground.
This is my umbrella; it can keep us both dry When raindrops fall from the cloudy sky. – Adapted
(Do motions the words suggest.)

PRAY: 
We’ve been singing and rhyming about sharing with our friends. Our Bible verses tells us “Be…kind”. Say this rhyme: When I pray, I fold my hands (fold hands) and close my eyes; (close eyes) I talk to God, and He hears me. – Jean Katt Thank You, God, that we are growing big enough to share. In Jesus’ name, amen.

LESSON:
I have something to share with you. Give each child a play necklace (lei, Mardi Gras, etc.). Give 2 to one child and ask them to share one with you. Thank You, Zach, for sharing! I am happy that you shared with me! Let’s listen to a story from the Bible about a time when people brought pretty things to share at God’s house.

God told a man named Moses, “Tell my people to build a big tent-church. It will be called a tabernacle.” Can you say that with me? Tab-er-nacle. Good! God said, “After the people build the tent-church, (tabernacle) they can go there to sing and pray to me.” Drape a blanket or sheet over a table or several charis to build a tabernacle.

Moses told the people that God wanted them to build a beautiful tent-church (tabernacle) where people would come to pray and sing to Him. Moses said, “Everyone who wants to help build this beautiful tabernacle should bring a gift.” So the people brought gold, silver and sparkling jewels display jewelry. They brought earrings and bracelets show more jewelry. Some people brought beautiful cloth scarves. Some people brought oil and spices that smelled good bundles of potpourri or spices. Hand each child a “gift.” Keep one and lead the children to the “tabernacle.” Leave the gifts inside or decorate the tabernacle with them. The people built the beautiful tabernacle with their gifts just as God had told them. The people were happy. They were glad to share.

APPLY:
Pick up a gift that was placed in or on the tabernacle. What do I have? Gift, necklace, cloth, etc. We pretended to take our gifts to help build a tent-church tabernacle for God. Who can point to what the people of God shared?...Point to the place where the people shared their gifts…Show/tell me how sharing made the people feel? Children make happy faces. What can you share at church? Help the children think of books, crayons, blocks, etc. How do you feel when someone shares a book with you?...Yes, happy. And how do you feel when you share something with someone else?...Happy! Sharing makes everyone feel happy.

MEMORY VERSE: 
The Bible says, “Be…kind“ Ephesians 4:32 Can you say those words with me? Say them louder. Say them softer. Give each one a Bible (or share) & ask each to say, “Be…kind“ Ephesians 4:32

BOOKS: 
Read a book to them about sharing and/or manners. Find one of these in a library near you or on the internet. SHARING examples: Colors & Shapes to Share, Fun with Lacey, Sharing time, Share & Take Turns, One for Me One for You, Emily’s Sharing & Caring Book, I am Sharing by Mercer Mayer, etc. MANNERS examples: Manners by Aliki, Manners can be fun by Munro Leaf, The Berenstain Bears forget their Manners, Manners Time by Elizabeth Verdick, This Little Piggy’s book of Manners by Kathryn Madeline Allen, Richard Scarry’s Please and Thank You Book, A Child’s book of Manners by Ruth Shannon Odor, etc.

ACTIVITY:
Seat children in a circle. Hand baby dolls and blankets to two children. Let’s sing a song about baby Jesus! Encourage the kids with babies to rock while a lullaby is sung. Sing these words to the tune of “Are You Sleeping?”
I love Jesus, I love Jesus. He’s God’s Son! He’s God’s Son!
Mary rocked Him gently, Mary rocked Him gently. He’s God’s Son! He’s God’s Son!
When the song is finished encourage children with dolls to share by letting other children rock the babies while the group sings the lullaby again. Repeats as needed. I see Elizabeth sharing her doll with Lori! God is helping her grow big enough to share. When we share with our friends at church we are listening to God’s Word. Remember our memory verse? “Be…kind.”

SING: I Can Share (tune: Deep & Wide)

I can share. (point to self)
You can share. (point to others)
We are growing big enough to share. (Spread arms wide)
I can share. (point to self)
You can share. (point to others)
We are growing big enough to share! (clap hands in rhythm)

Share at home (make house with fingers)
Share with friends. (point to a friend)
We are growing big enough to share (stand up big and tall)
Share at home (make house with fingers)
Share with friends. (point to a friend)

NEED:
Bible
A book on Sharing or Manners
2 Baby dolls or stuffed animals
2 baby blankets or towels
Play necklaces (lei, Mardi Gras, etc.)
Sheet or blanket
Table or chairs
Bring earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc.
Bring a scarf or two.
Bundles of potpourri or spices

No comments:

Post a Comment